9th Circuit [thechat] politics, guitars, etc...

Clift, Heather HClift at glhec.org
Wed Jun 26 15:20:00 CDT 2002

Heya Madhu,

If you look here:

http://www.law.emory.edu/FEDCTS/

It shows the different circuits.  The 9th circuit made the ruling, so it
only affects those states as a law.  It might influence the other circuits,
but as I understand it, if the 2nd circuit wanted to rule exactly the
opposite, they can and that's perfectly legitimate.

It's once it goes to the Supreme Court that it becomes binding for everyone,
and it hasn't done that yet.  Hopefully it will, because I remember thinking
it wasn't fair to some of my friends when I was a kid, and I think it's
bizarre that the phrase was inserted in the 50's!!

:)

Heather