[thechat] What?? WHAT?????

Jonathon Isaac Swiderski jswiders at members.evolt.org
Thu Jun 27 10:44:01 CDT 2002

The cows moooved aardvark to say:
>> From: "Miriam Frost" <miriam at members.evolt.org>
> [...]
>> with a big enough stink. When I think of all the trouble I got into for being a
>> refusenik in high school... And they'd come at me with "well, it's a
>> 'generic' god - it can mean different things to different people."  "So...
>> being an athiest, would I then be pledging 'one nation under a load of crap
>> that makes some people happy and kills others, indivisible...'"  Oh, I was on
>> detention for two weeks for that one.
>
> ahh, a girl after mine own heart...

+1 . . . never actually had to do it in my school (what can I say, I grew up in the
"Berkeley of the Midwest" in the early 90s. . .), but I certainly got ready to when
they started posting the Pledge & Flag in classrooms when I was in high school. . .
they never actually made us say it, though.

Jonathon Isaac Swiderski       jswiders at cs.oberlin.edu
cs.oberlin.edu/~jswiders \ members.evolt.org/jswiders

"University of Wisconsin statistics department...
          where mean is normal, and deviation standard."