Bezerklies ( was: Re: [thechat] What?? WHAT?????)

Erika Meyer emeyer at lclark.edu
Thu Jun 27 15:34:01 CDT 2002

Vancouver is practically North Portland.  So when are you coming to visit?

I have a 2 bedroom flat (duplex) close in SE Portland... quick bus
ride (or long walk) to downtown.  It's a good deal at $720. Built in
1904, the main drawback is all the crumbling lead-based paint on the
exterior.

I am in love with Portland.  I am entertained by the music scene.  I
just met a great group of poets, also.

This punk band came up from Oakland ("Powerhouse" -- good stuff,
yes... like old Black Flag or something) and I was watching them and
one of them was copping some kind of attitude about how we can't tell
the diff between metal and punk up here.

Puh-leese.    Then suddenly I realized: I'm actually starting to find
Californians annoying.

When I start being annoyed by people from Seattle AND people from
California, it might be time to move.

Someone recently referred to Portland as "The Indifferent City."   It
seemed apt.  No one is impressed by anyone. 500 microbreweries around
and everyone drinks Pabst Blue Ribbon.  Stuff like that.

Yeah, I like it.

Erika