[thechat] More Pledge news

John Handelaar john at userfrenzy.com
Thu Jun 27 18:56:01 CDT 2002

'Political correctness' is just some bullshit
catchphrase where the right-of-centre try to ridicule
anyone who

a) makes a genuine attempt not to be shitty to other
   people, or

b) defends the letter of the US Constitution where
   they'd prefer to break it

Imperfect though it is, the US Constitution is one of
the more spectacularly excellent legal frameworks on
earth, inasmuch as it pours cold water primarily on
people who try to limit personal liberty, no matter
which end of the spectrum they're on.  As a non-US
person, I reckon that's cool.

[Not to say that what passes for the 'left' in the US
hasn't historically been just as prone to illiberal
tendencies... only that just one side uses that
particular catchphrase.]

John Handelaar

T +44 20 8933 1494       M +44 7930 681789
F +44 870 169 7657   E john at userfrenzy.com