[thechat] What?? WHAT?????

Erika Meyer emeyer at lclark.edu
Fri Jun 28 13:54:00 CDT 2002

Lachlan said:

>\isaac\ said:
>>  Australia is spending $300m on the new F-35 development. A fighter
>>  plane that, by the time it\'s finished, we might not even choose to
>>  buy.
>
>not to mention that if we do decide to buy 'em it'll cost us $12 billion.

maybe you would rather buy a missile defense shield?

>It's absolutely ridiculous. They have the money to spend on this, but they
>have to take money away from health and education.

Too much education might cause the masses to question why it is they
have no health coverage.  So it's better to dump them both.  You
don't want your workers thinking critically or questioning status
quo.  If they do start to get restless, you must wave the navel of
Britney Spears (or similar) in their faces.  That will shut them up...

oh well.

Not everyone can be the number one dominating kick-ass country in the world.