[thechat] Music industry swamps swap networks with phony files

Erika Meyer emeyer at lclark.edu
Fri Jun 28 16:05:01 CDT 2002

Oh yeah, that really makes me want to go out and give those guys my
money. NOT!  Maybe I *should* start getting my music from these
swapping sites again.

"We're doing this simply because we believe people are stealing our
stuff and we want to stymie the stealing."

Then, Mr. Executive, I think the solution is to let musicians keep
rights to their work, like authors do... and then it won't be "your
stuff"... and then no one can steal it from you.  Let the artists
take care of their own work.

Can't we sic Courtney Love on these guys?

oh... wait...