[thechat] am now an agnostic [prev:] Brutality, Cruelity and Lies

Ashok at MagicalKenya.com Ashok at MagicalKenya.com
Sat Jun 29 09:23:00 CDT 2002

>Because of all the idiosyncrasies, anomalies
>and anachronisms associated with the Muslim
>faith, I stopped practising Islam quite a
>number of years ago.
>
>Yousuf

I hope this isnt too personal but just curious here ...
My full name is Ashok Hariharan, the surname Hariharan invariably gets
terribly misspelt/confused with
some other common indian surnames , the most common ones are :

hari charan (means: hari's feet) [most common mistake)
har charan (means: same as above)
hari hiran (hari's deer or green deer , i am not sure)
har haran (means : one who seduces hari)
hair haran (means : same as above..) ..my name

i have invariably encountered every known variation of "hari chXXXXX" or
"har hXXXX"
i havent heard of 'harichara' until now, what does it mean anyway ?
my 1st thought was it could be a variation of  : hari charan
but 'chara'   has various different meanings  depending on the way its
pronounced : to climb, to fill up, to shepherd ...

how is the chara in your name pronounced ?

                    "Yousuf Harichara"
                    <yousuf at priest.com>        To:     thechat at lists.evolt.org
                    Sent by:                   cc:
                    thechat-admin at lists        Subject:     [thechat] am now an agnostic [prev:] Brutality, Cruelity and
                    .evolt.org                 Lies

                    06/29/2002 01:19 PM
                    Please respond to
                    thechat