[thechat] What?? WHAT?????

Lachlan Cannon luminosity at members.evolt.org
Sat Jun 29 11:06:01 CDT 2002

Erika Meyer said:

>>not to mention that if we do decide to buy 'em it'll cost us $12
>> billion.
>

> maybe you would rather buy a missile defense shield?

Hmm.. at least the missile defense shield is investing in your own country
though. It's ridiculous that we're giving $300 million away, to a company
that isn't even Australian...

>>It's absolutely ridiculous. They have the money to spend on this, but
>> they have to take money away from health and education.
>
> Too much education might cause the masses to question why it is they
> have no health coverage.  So it's better to dump them both.  You
> don't want your workers thinking critically or questioning status quo.
> If they do start to get restless, you must wave the navel of Britney
> Spears (or similar) in their faces.  That will shut them up...

Hah. I should sic my friend who loves BS onto you.. and he's a smart guy
too, so pffft.

> oh well.
>
> Not everyone can be the number one dominating kick-ass country in the
> world.

Wouldn't want to be. Mayaswell paint a big target on yourself.

Lach
http://members.evolt.org/luminosity/
MSN: luminosity @ members.evolt.org