[thechat] Fiercer beasts take a bite out of T. rex's reputation

William Anderson neuro at well.com
Mon Jul 1 19:51:00 CDT 2002

---- Original Message ----
From: "Ben Dyer" <ben_dyer at imaginuity.com>
To: <thechat at lists.evolt.org>
Sent: Monday, July 01, 2002 7:05 PM
Subject: Re: [thechat] Fiercer beasts take a bite out of T. rex's
reputation

> [snip]
> My favorite is still the intro in the movie Antitrust, where they had
> all this neat-looking code flash by...all HTML...and incorrect HTML at
> that.  They inverted tags, swapped less than/greater than symbols and
> crap.

At least in Antitrust, they used "real" user environments on the screen
(Gnome, FWIW) ... but if you can believe that a guy can crack 128-bit RSA
encryption manually in under 60 seconds (cf Swordfish), I guess a bit of
incorrect HTML is the least of your worries ;)

--
_ __/|   ___  ___ __ _________  "Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned
\`O_o'  / _ \/ -_) // / __/ _ \  for Sega." -- Brodie, 'Mallrats'