[thechat] maths /programming

Hassan Schroeder hassan at webtuitive.com
Tue Jul 2 11:29:01 CDT 2002

Lachlan Cannon wrote:

> How many of the programmers on this list are also good at maths?

Not me -- not at all. My inability/disinclination to grapple with
calculus led to my first (involuntary) exit from Higher Learning,
Institution Of  :-)

I mean, calculus?? Talk about a lack of relevance to anything in
the real world. Sit in classroom bored to tears, or go surfing --
yeah, tough decision.

OTOH, my son majored in the Mathematics of Computing, so I call him
for help on anything more than simple arithmetic ...

--
H*
Hassan Schroeder ----------------------------- hassan at webtuitive.com

    -- creating dynamic Web sites and applications since 1994 --