[thechat] OSX

dogfood lists at kaipahl.de
Wed Jul 3 03:47:00 CDT 2002

Erika Meyer wrote:

> OSX
>
> is there any reason to fear it?
>
> I can get it at work, but they won't support it...
> so do I need to worry about it eating me alive or anything like that?

depends...

my biggest grief with OS X are problems with permissions, that sometimes
goes havoc (e.g. needs to be fixed by other software).

apart from that, the adaption-time is marked by looking for the right
drivers and looking for OS X-versions of software.

okay, there is the classic mode for OS 9, but more and more you get alonmg
with OS X, classic-programms gets pain in the a**.

i got now a new powerbook, and this is an extremely smooth ride. connecting
external firewire-harddisk, my digital camera ecetera.

so before changing, take a look if all of your hardware has OS X-drivers or
if you are ready to buy new hardware.

bye
kai

--