[thechat] Chinese online groceries in UK

William Anderson neuro at well.com
Wed Jul 3 18:40:00 CDT 2002

---- Original Message ----
From: "Madhu Menon" <webguru at vsnl.net>
To: <thechat at lists.evolt.org>
Sent: Wednesday, July 03, 2002 11:40 PM
Subject: [thechat] Chinese online groceries in UK

> Hello my British brethren.
>
> My father will be making one of his routine trips to the UK later this
> month. He plans to go to Newbury, Lincoln, and Glasgow. I needed some
> ingredients for Chinese cookery that I find difficult, if not
> impossible to find here in India. I was wondering if you knew of any
> online Chinese (or Asian) grocer site in UK that's well-known or is
> reputed to be reliable. I can then get those ingredients ordered and
> kept ready at a friend's place for my father to pick up on his way.

Probably the two best places in Glasgow to get in touch with would be:

bricks'n'mortar > Chung Ying Cash & Carry,
                  254 Dobbies Loan, Glasgow G4 0HS
                  +44 141 333 0333

         online > Matthew's Foods
                  Unit 1, Barrat Trading Estate,
                  230/260 Garscube Road, Glasgow G4 9RR
                  +44 141 332 1688
                  http://www.matthewsfoods.co.uk/intro.htm
                  matthew at matthewsfoods.co.uk

both are in spitting distance of each other, believe it or not :)

--
_ __/|   ___  ___ __ _________  "Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned
\`O_o'  / _ \/ -_) // / __/ _ \  for Sega." -- Brodie, 'Mallrats'