[thechat] Most spoken languages in the world

William Anderson neuro at well.com
Thu Jul 4 04:07:01 CDT 2002

---- Original Message ----
From: "Lachlan Cannon" <luminosity at members.evolt.org>
To: <thechat at lists.evolt.org>
Sent: Thursday, July 04, 2002 7:38 AM
Subject: RE: [thechat] Most spoken languages in the world

> isaac said:
> >
> > > me of one of those puzzles where jones lives in a green house,
> > > smith has a cat, the owner of the blue house has no pets, barnes
> > > lives next door to the
> > > house with the dog, et friggin cetera -- i *hate* those
> >
> > I like those.
>
> They rawk.

Oh no, they're evil! :)

As for the language thing, don't worry if it seems my summaries diverged
from the text on that website's meaning ... I've probably messed up the
assumptions anyway, but it's such a badly phrased piece of text, it's easy
done.

I think the safe thing to say is that there are a lot of Indians and Chinese
in the world, and a hell of a lot of them - along with others in the world -
primarily speak a different language from English.  In other words, we suck,
you rule :)

--
_ __/|   ___  ___ __ _________  "Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned
\`O_o'  / _ \/ -_) // / __/ _ \  for Sega." -- Brodie, 'Mallrats'