[thechat] Yahoo groups screwups

Madhu Menon webguru at vsnl.net
Thu Jul 4 05:13:01 CDT 2002

Hi gang.

I'm wondering if any of you have faced the same problem with Yahoo groups.

I subscribed to a group, but when the traffic became too much to handle, I
nomailed myself. That didn't work, and I continued to get mail. So I
unsubscribed. That didn't work either. While the group no longer appeared
in my list of subscribed groups, I continued to get mail from it, and it is
clearly a fault with the Yahoo system, since it's the second time it's
happening to me.

Of course, when I sent a mail to Yahoo about it, I got this amazingly
brain-dead reply:

<quote>

Hello Madhu,

We are committed to providing fast, efficient support for our customers.
Please visit our online Help Desk which can be found at:

    http://help.yahoo.com/help/groups/

If you do not find the answer you are looking for, click on the most
appropriate category and question. Most answers will have a "No" button
at the bottom of the page which will direct you to a Customer Care
Help Request Form.

By using these forms, we can gather the relevant information needed to
better assist you with any questions you may have about Yahoo! Groups.

Note: If you do not have access to the Internet, please reply to this
message and we will assist you as soon as possible.
Thank you for using Yahoo!, and please let us know if we can be of
further assistance.

</quote>

Guess what? There are no "No" buttons at the bottom of the pages!

So... has anyone else faced the same problem or am I the only one?

Regards,

Madhu

Madhu Menon
User Experience Consultant