[thechat] Advice needed for travelling from UK to US

John Handelaar john at userfrenzy.com
Fri Jul 5 06:20:01 CDT 2002

Assuming he's going for a holiday (or some
other non-work-related purpose), it goes like
this:

1)  Do make sure to have a passport :-)

2)  They'll give you a green visa form either
    at checkin or on the plane

3)  Some incredibly brusque official stamps
    and staples it into your passport at the
    port of entry (man, those US immigration
    people are even nastier than ours)

4)  Oh, and they'll be even shittier if you
    don't have a return ticket.

If I was him, I'd buy the ticket and then phone
the airline if there's any other questions

John Handelaar

T +44 20 8933 1494       M +44 7930 681789
F +44 870 169 7657   E john at userfrenzy.com