[thechat] [ugh]

Syed Zeeshan Haider szh at softhome.net
Fri Jul 5 09:44:00 CDT 2002

Hi John,
As this unfortunate event took place in Pakistan, therefore, being a Pakistani,
would like to say something.

These are the events which make me ashamed. But the AP has exaggerated. She
neither was sent nude to her home nor anybody cheered outside (as far as I
know). The tribal court
had yet to give a decision when the four evil men did this. At the time of rape,
the court was on its way to the decision. Please refer to http://www.bbc.co.uk/.

>[Personal and professional observation:  AP has
>astoundingly high standards of professional
>conduct.]

Agreed! But when the news was unveiled, it was already 6 days old. Therefore, we
cannot fully trust any news resource neither BBC nor AP.

Despite of all that happened, it is not justified to declare the whole Pakistani
culture
responsible. The newspaper article at http://www.brain-damage.net/ has done
this.
This is not justified. We are the first Islamic Nation to have a female Prime
Minister, Benazeer Bhutto. We have three female ministers in our ruling cabinet.

Tribal System is one of the major problems in our country and the people of
Pakistan are still waiting for an end to this problem.

I think our courts (not tribal courts) will sentence the criminals to death.
Rape is one of the biggest crimes according to Islamic laws

Thank you,
Syed Zeeshan Haider.
http://syedzeeshanhaider.faithweb.com/