[thechat] Most spoken languages in the world

Joel Canfield joel at spinhead.com
Fri Jul 5 10:50:00 CDT 2002

> Hey, I know Fairfield.  When I commuted to and fro Dallas to
> Texas A&M (when I briefly tried the college thing), Fairfield
> is almost exactly where I would finally lose Dallas radio
> reception. :)  It was also the last place to really grab
> something to eat or gas up before Madisonville.  That's funny.

Wow! Yeah, tell me about reception. Weren't no such thing as cable in
Fairfield, and even the next town over only had it in town, not in the
rurals. We watched one TV channel from Waco, and two from Dallas; if the
wind was blowing (read, 24x7x365) someone would have to run out every few
minutes and turn the antenna pole a bit to get the station back.

joel