[thechat] Shyness linked with Internet research

Bob Davis bobd at members.evolt.org
Fri Jul 5 16:30:01 CDT 2002

At 2:52 AM +0530 7/6/02, Madhu Menon wrote:
>At 02:37 AM 7/6/2002, Bob Davis wrote:
>>Or, you could learn Japanese...
>>
>>http://www-unix.oit.umass.edu/~thoureau/japanese.html
>
>Bob, have you tried Hindi? Or if you wanted to be really masochistic, my
>native language, Malayalam. 54 characters in the alphabet (I think). And
>spoken so fast you have to be learn the language from childhood to speak
>like a native.

Hmmm...sounds nasty. I've heard that Hungarian and Finnish are the
most difficult languages to learn, since they aren't related to
anything else (they're vaguely related to each other though).
Hungarian, IME, sounds like a language designed to be shouted more
than spoken.

>But why get into a "my language is bigger than yours debate"? ;)

Fun?

Is that the right answer?

bob

--