[thechat] Shyness linked with Internet research

Martin Burns martin at easyweb.co.uk
Fri Jul 5 17:29:00 CDT 2002

On Friday, July 5, 2002, at 10:07  pm, Bob Davis wrote:

> You don't know
> Japanese. Not only that, majoring in the godforsaken language is NOT
> fun or even remotely sensible.

When I was a student, I edited the University's Alternative Prospectus,
which is a guide to all the courses written by the people who *did*
them, rather than by the University who wanted to *sell* them.

The review for Chinese went something like this:
'Last year's Alternative Prospectus entry for Chinese read "Don't do
this course." I have nothing to add to that'

Cheers
Martin
   tel:	+44 (0)774 063 9985				Edinburgh,