[thechat] marital crisis update.

Joe Crawford jcrawford at avencom.com
Mon Jul 8 13:16:01 CDT 2002

Kevin Stevens wrote:
>      If I remember rightly you said that your being a workaholic was one of
> the contributing factors, has this changed?

It's interesting.

The thing is, even when we first got together, I worked a lot - many
hours, odd hours. And in counseling, time at work is not the defining
problem. Quality time in general was a major factor. And my withdrawing
from her had less to do with being addicted to work, as it was an escape
from the relationship and other responsibilities. She does not cite work
as the defining thing, just time.

As far as whether I'm a workaholic, I don't think I am. I've certainly
taken a lot of time off, and more importantly, have been coming and
going at what I consider regular working hours - not much staying late
or coming in early unless there are predefined needs for that condition.

But this *is* a question I've been thinking about, and was surprised
that she did not see it as one of the primary causes.

Thanks for the question. And thanks you all for the good thoughts.

	- Joe <http://artlung.com/>