[thechat] Re:Location, location, relocation

Natalie Klein nkle at lle.rochester.edu
Thu Jul 11 10:55:09 CDT 2002

Well, this is probably obvious, but if you are going to relocate to the US
having a job is pretty important. I work at a laboratory and most of our
scientific staff is from other countries. I've learned that your employer
can do a lot for you (including paying fees (not sure what) that may be
required to renew your paperwork). And once you get permission to stay in
the US, DO NOT leave until you get a green card (which I hear is a bit of a
lottery situation). We had one staff member leave the country who had not
received a green card and even though he had paperwork to come back, it was
a couple of months before he could return. (I was told he was an idiot for
leaving country).

I might be going to the Web Builder Conference in Las Vegas (waiting to see
if work will pay). Anyone else going?

Looking forward to the WNY beervolt--and talking to girls for a change!

Natalie