[thechat] Hollywood Movies and Families

aardvark roselli at earthlink.net
Thu Jul 18 17:03:01 CDT 2002

from the U.S. here...

> From: "Syed Zeeshan Haider" <szh at softhome.net>
[...]
> Q1.    What do you think about kissing and sexually erotic scenes
> (kissing means male-female kissing)?

they don't bother me... more than anything, i think it's a reflection
of american culture, values, and what sells...

> Q 2.    Do you feel any
> embarrassment in viewing such scenes with your family?

when i was younger, i may have, but not because sex was taboo to
discuss in my family, mostly because i didn't want them to see me
getting into watching Nastassja Kinski walking around in the buff
just as i was wandering into puberty...

> Q 3.    What is
> the general trend about such scenes in the families of your country?

trend toward what?

> Q 4. Do you think that kids must not be allowed to watch such scenes?

no, i think it's for the parents to decide... IMO, kids are resilient,
and with the right guidance (honest, open, frank parents), i think it
becomes moot...

> Q 5.    Are such scenes essential for each movie even though they are
> not directly related to the story or they are not as such needed in
> accordence to theme of the movie?

no, almost none of them are essential... but then, people didn't go
to see Swordfish because it was a good movie, they went to see
Halle Barry's natural beauty...

it's a business, it will make what sells... i have the option to not
spend money to be let into a dark room to watch it...

--
Read the evolt.org case study
Usability: The Site Speaks for Itself