[thechat] Romance scoring

Paul Cowan evolt at funkwit.com
Thu Jul 18 18:32:01 CDT 2002

Martin wrote:
> And if you don't catch the Golden Snitch then it's the number of goals
> scored. Note the Quidditch World Cup where Ireland win by goals.

If you don't catch the Golden Snitch, the game doesn't end. Apparently,
they can go for days.

But yeah, I've always thought it kinda odd. Realistically, the Golden
Snitch should be worth 50 points or something, then it makes it a lot
more likely that you can miss the snitch and still win. Would increase
the strategy element too: if you're 60 points down, and spot the snitch,
do you take it? For the house cup, losing by 10 points might still win
the cup: in the world cup final, you wouldn't, obviously, because winning
is everything.

So instead, do you just try and block the opposition seeker from
grabbing it until you get within 50 points?

Paul (who has thought about this FAR too much)