Thank you so very much (was RE: [thechat] Quick: list every hot b everage you can think of)

Drew Shiel ashiel at sportsinteraction.com
Fri Jul 19 04:50:01 CDT 2002

At 03:16 19/07/2002 +0100, William Anderson wrote:
>the dept of compsci at Glasgow Uni used island names, but didn't restrict
>themselves to Scottish islands.  The Computing Service used train stations
>around Glasgow, which was interesting ;)

   HEAnet, the University ISP for Ireland, allows its engineers to name
servers. One of the engineers plays in my D&D game, and therefore many of
the servers are named after characters in the game. Unix machines and
routers are named after the good guys, windows boxen after the bad guys. :)

   Drew.

Drew Shiel                               webmaster at swiftpay.com
                                                     +353-1-2365705