[thechat] FW: [thelist] People who have Flash plug-in

Joel Canfield joel at spinhead.com
Fri Jul 19 21:25:01 CDT 2002

> FYI, this is one of the worst places to ask about
> Flash...people are really biased against Flash on this list.

Maybe I'm just having a crabby day (narrowly averted a smashing row on the
webpunky list) but this post on thelist amused me mightily. "Don't ask these
people their opinion; it might be different from yours." (Yeah, yeah; I know
that's not what he means. I'm crabby. I don't care.)

We just switched to Active Directory on our network a coupla weeks ago, and
of *aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaalll* the network accounts, guess whose was the only one
(well, now it's two) to get hosed up? I can log into my desktop and my
laptop with the same username and password, but each machine logs into a
different account. How cool is that? This nifty new feature ensures that I
can't move my e-mail to the new mail server, 'cause the file is owned
jointly by two accounts so I just get permissions errors. So I can't quite
synchronize my e-mail to my laptop. Fortunately, my Palm is married to my
laptop, so I get double-hosed for the price of single.

Crabbily yours,

crankyJoel