[thechat] On July 20th, 1969, humans first set foot on the Moon.

Jonathon Isaac Swiderski jswiders at cs.oberlin.edu
Sat Jul 20 16:31:01 CDT 2002

> anybody else old enough to remember?

:)  i'll just say the next day was my mother's 17th birthday, and leave it
at that.

>   -- january 16 1991

maybe 'cause I was 8 at the time, but I was still trying figure out what
this one was when i read joe's message immediately next.  I have faint
memories of watching cnn broadcasts of the air raids, but not much.

>   -- january 28 1986

I was three, and have no memory of this at all.

i have no idea what the date was, but i remember taking lunch one day in
eighth grade to go down to my tech teacher's classroom and watch the OJ
Simpson verdict come in on live tv. . .

Jonathon Isaac Swiderski       jswiders at cs.oberlin.edu
cs.oberlin.edu/~jswiders \\ members.evolt.org/jswiders

"[Steve Yzerman's] pain tolerance -- I cannot fathom it.
I wonder if his nervous system is different than the rest of us."
  -- John Wharton, Red Wings trainer