[thechat] On July 20th, 1969, humans first set foot on the Moon.

R.Livsey R.Livsey at cache-22.co.uk
Sat Jul 20 19:21:01 CDT 2002

> this event ranks right up there in my memory along with
>
>   -- september 11 2001
>
>   -- january 16 1991
>
>   -- january 28 1986
>
>   -- september 18 1970
>
>   -- november 22 1963
>
>   -- october 4 1957
>
> okay, one of those is a bit of an exaggeration   ;o)
>
> rudy

May not be the only one but I'm rubbish with dates. Ok so Im only 20
(21/08/81 - looking forward to being 21 in a few weeks!) but I should
really know them, especially the Challenger explosion (that the 86 one
yeah?).
I don't know what it is about dates but they seem not to be important to
my memory. 7/11 will probably stay in my mind forever but only because
it has been referred to as such - Im sure that when Im 30 I will know
the month and day it happened but will struggle on the year!

7/11 I was working at lancaster uni. I was the only one there at the
time as I was working on a CMS for the computer science department and
most other people were on holiday over the summer. I remember suddenly
being fludded with ICQ, MSN messages and emails and being annoyed
because I was in the middle of working and hate being disturbed. I then
went to a few urls and turned on my TV card to watch BBC news to realise
what was going on.
Will stay with me forever, even if I forget the year :p

Can someone fill me in on what all the dates refer to?

:)

R.Livsey
Incutio Web Developer
[ PHP | Perl | mySQL | Java ]