[thechat] Safest Investment (fwd)

Jonathon Isaac Swiderski jswiders at cs.oberlin.edu
Mon Jul 22 14:14:05 CDT 2002

> > If you had bought $1,000.00 worth of Budweiser (the beer, not the
> > stock) one year ago, drank all the beer, then turned in the cans for
> > the 10 cent deposit, you would have $214.00.
> > Based on the above, my current investment advice is to drink heavily and
> > recycle.

huh. original writer must be from Michigan (which has the only 10c deposit
in the US. . .) -- if they were from the other half-dozen states that have
deposit (most don't have any), it would be about half that. . .

it's hard to find out online how much things like beer cost (neither
kroger, kmart, nor meijer sell food products online, and neither kmart nor
meijer's weekly ad books posted online include ads for alcohol products),
but you'd probably be better off buying a more expensive beer & having
fewer cans to return -- something tells me your overall return on the
investment would be higher.

and if you think bud tastes like recycled piss, you've never had pabst blue
ribbon.

Jonathon Isaac Swiderski       jswiders at cs.oberlin.edu
cs.oberlin.edu/~jswiders \\ members.evolt.org/jswiders

Reason number #125 to use Linux: Leetspeak converters
(http://adam.unax.org/leet/)