[thechat] Printer Problem

Syed Zeeshan Haider szh at softhome.net
Wed Jul 24 22:21:20 CDT 2002

From: "Daniel Frey" <danieljohnfrey at yahoo.com>
To: <thechat at lists.evolt.org>
Sent: July 24, 2002, Wednesday 6:05 AM
Subject: RE: [thechat] Printer Problem

> Self-test is only a hardware test - you could do it even if your PC
>was
> completely disconnected from the printer.

Yes, I did it without connecting the printer to the computer.

> I don't know if you can enable/disable bidirectional printing with
>that
> type of printer, but if you can, disable it.

Sorry! Couldn't get it. Would you please explain?

>Also, try changing the
> print processor from EMF to RAW or vice-versa.

Sorry! I am new in printers. Couldn't get it also. Further details will
be appreciated.

> Increase your timeout,
> also.

Already did it. All in vain.

> If all else fails, mess around with all of the settings... you
> won't be any worse off!

I have done it but I'll try again. Because I want to make this printer
work in any way.

One thing that I wanted to ask earlier. I have a relative here in my
city (he failed to solve my problem). He says that he has a printer
which is running on a different driver from it's original driver. It's
original driver (provided in Windows 98) could not run it. It is using
the driver of some other model of printers. This driver was also
provided in Windows 98.
What do you think?

Thanks!
Syed Zeeshan Haider.