[thechat] holy grail chant - translations?

Jonathon Isaac Swiderski jswiders at cs.oberlin.edu
Wed Jul 24 22:22:19 CDT 2002

neither of my friends who've had latin could tell me, so to you all I turn:

ya know the monks in (Monty Python & the Quest for the) Holy Grail, just
before the witch bit, the ones who walk around hitting themselves with
books?  what are they singing?

(I'm starting to suspect it's actually nonsense, but I'd still like to know
if they're actually saying anything. . .)

Jonathon Isaac Swiderski       jswiders at cs.oberlin.edu
cs.oberlin.edu/~jswiders \\ members.evolt.org/jswiders

The above email is carefully calculated to deprave the cultivated reader.