[thechat] Bataan

Ron White ronwhite at members.evolt.org
Thu Jul 25 10:25:01 CDT 2002

Ok I know what you're talking about now... Unfortunately that didn't occur
until 1945, when a vast majority of the men had already died. That task
force was formed when Army Intel reported that the Japanese were going to
execute all of their remaining captives...

Thanks,
Ron White

<>
Hi Ron, no I'm not confused at all. (Well not on THIS issue anyway! LOL) The
Bataan Death March got the men from Bataan to a POW camp - but there was a
special Army Ranger force that got them out. It's an incredible story,
captured in an agonizing but compelling book by Hampton Sides called "Ghost
Soldiers."
<>