[thechat] Another significant historical date ...

Luther, Ron Ron.Luther at hp.com
Thu Jul 25 14:44:01 CDT 2002

Hi Gang,

I thought of another historical event date that, while probably not
personally witnessed by anyone on this list, definitely had an impact on
many of us.  And, thanks to the magic that is marketing, for some of us
this event continues to have an impact. For some of us the impact is
direct and personal. For others, the impact is less direct but perhaps
more 'impactful'.    ;-)

The date was July 1st, 1946.   [Yeah - I had to look the date up.]

The event could be considered as destructive or as constructive.  I
guess it depends on your personal POV.

RonL.
(There was a corresponding event through which the date given was first
'memorialized' [as it continues to be] in our collective consciousness.
I couldn't get an exact date for this second event.  The best I could
find was that it also happened in 1946.)