[thechat] Bill Gates

Martin Burns martin at evolt.org.uk
Fri Jul 26 14:46:00 CDT 2002

On Fri, 26 Jul 2002, Madhu Menon wrote:

> At 07:15 PM 25-07-02, javier velasco wrote:
> >i'm quite certain that i loose at *least* 30 minutes a day for lousy
> >performance
> >on a machine that would work way better in aproper OS.
>
> You need to upgrade to Win2K Pro, Javier. I've been running it on my
> desktop for nearly two years, and I've kissed system crashes goodbye. :)

It's true, my WinXP machines are down to a crash a month and my Win2k
(work laptop) is about once every couple of weeks.

On the other hand, my OSX machine hasn't crashed once since December...
and it's running lots of funky server stuff (IMAP/POP/SMTP/Apache/Zope/
Samba) as well as being a desktop machine.

IE's fallen over a couple of times, but that's all.

Cheers
Martin

Also starring in fine email     | "Names, once they are in common use, quickly
productions such as             | become mere sounds, their etymology being
martin at easyweb.co.uk            | buried, like so many of the earth's marvels,
martin.p.burns at uk.pwcglobal.com | beneath the dust of habit." - Salman Rushdie