[thechat] Bill Gates

javier velasco lists at mantruc.com
Fri Jul 26 15:24:01 CDT 2002

Madhu Menon wrote:

> At 01:14 AM 27-07-02, Martin Burns wrote:
> >It's true, my WinXP machines are down to a crash a month and my Win2k
> >(work laptop) is about once every couple of weeks.
>
> Well, other than the times I've shut the PC down or rebooted after a
> software installation, my last kernel crash was close to 8 months ago. The
> beast *can* be tamed, mates.

the junkbox i use here at the office uses win2k (no clue if it's pro or
not), and although it doesn't actually crash all the time, it is
painstakinly slow, but it's got only 64 RAM and an Ice-age HHDD

my home laptop has "winXP home" and it's... acceptable, it's a way
faster machine though

> And with that, off to bed I go. Have a couple of business proposals to
> write (yeehaa!) tomorrow morning.

i have my fingers crossed for you!