[thechat] Lawsuits of our time

William Anderson neuro at well.com
Fri Jul 26 18:33:00 CDT 2002

---- Original Message ----
From: "Martin Burns" <martin at easyweb.co.uk>
To: <thechat at lists.evolt.org>
Sent: Friday, July 26, 2002 9:55 PM
Subject: RE: [thechat] Lawsuits of our time

> On Fri, 26 Jul 2002, Lauri Vain wrote:
>
> > > Fat Americans sue fast food firms
> > > http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/2151754.stm
> >
> > These lawsuits are getting sicker and sicker by the day!  This one
> > is worse than all of those sexual harassment stupidities.
>
> That said, it is somewhat disengenous of McD's etc to claim that
> they're selling healthy food...

The thing is, eating a burger once in a while isn't exactly a "bad thing",
but constantly eating nothing else, and not engaging in an exercise or
activity routine to burn off the excess carbohydrate and calories intake can
hardly be said to be McDonalds fault, can it?

If I eat way too many fruits and vegetables, can I sue the farmers because I
spend way too much time on the shitter?

--
_ __/|   ___  ___ __ _________  "Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned
\`O_o'  / _ \/ -_) // / __/ _ \  for Sega." -- Brodie, 'Mallrats'