[thechat] Lawsuits of our time

R.Livsey R.Livsey at cache-22.co.uk
Fri Jul 26 20:09:00 CDT 2002

> If I'm too stupid to know that Kentucky Fried Chicken is
> fattening, can I sue the US Department of Education?
>
> Erika
>
> >If I eat way too many fruits and vegetables, can I sue the farmers
> >because I spend way too much time on the shitter?
> >
> > William Anderson

Can I sue Subway because I eat 75,000 of their 'less than 5 grammes
<sp>* of fat range made me overweight?

Damn stupid as far as I can see. More stupid than the case a whie ago
where an obese woman sued (may still be ongoing) a company whose crisps
were incorrectly marked and she claimed that she became obese (or failed
to lose weight. Again I forget the intracies of the case) because the
crisps were marked about 5% less fatty that in real life.

I may be biased because I'm a thin guy who is trying to put on mass (not
weight, Im trying to build myself up and put on tone) and failing with
ease. But hey, If you are trying to lose weight, don’t eat crisps no
matter how healthy they claim to be!!

* cant remember what it is, but its avertised as x amount of fat per
sandwich.
And btw, I recommend them to anyone in the UK as they rock!
They just opened one in Lancaster (where I am at uni) and there is now
one in Bury (where I live) so I can't escape them. I used to go for
Burger King / McDonalds, I now go for a subway. Better for you and
tastes so much nicer!

R.Livsey
Incutio Web Developer
[ PHP | Perl | mySQL | Java ]