[thechat] iMac (Summer 2K) issues

Jonathon Isaac Swiderski jswiders at cs.oberlin.edu
Fri Jul 26 21:35:01 CDT 2002

someone I work with is having problems with her Ruby iMac (we believe
Summer 2000 edition, running OS X) -- after moving into an apartment, she
was able to dial in on her modem to the campus network once, and hasn't
been able to get a connection since.  She was in a dorm previously, so she
hadn't used the modem since subletting the previous summer, when it worked
fine.

The only other problem she's had with the machine sounds memory-related ---
a tendency to crash when doing multiple things at once, such as web
browsers and iTunes concurrently and so on.

Any ideas how she can get back online without paying the university
computer store's tech staff 100+ dollars ?

thanks,
jonathon isaac swiderski
ann arbor, michigan, usa

Jonathon Isaac Swiderski       jswiders at cs.oberlin.edu
cs.oberlin.edu/~jswiders \\ members.evolt.org/jswiders

... Next to alcohol, and perhaps alongside it, the most
pernicious fluid is ... family values.
  -- when keyword searches go awry.