[thechat] Fighter plane's laser may blind civilians

aardvark roselli at earthlink.net
Mon Jul 29 22:59:00 CDT 2002

> From: Erika Meyer <emeyer at lclark.edu>
>
> >rudy's troll-o-meter:  11
>
> Yeah, with aardvark's post my troll-o-meter peaked up just like when
> Radio Moscow used to jam VOA... and vice versa... then again, Madhu
> started it... so credit should go where it is due... you're jamming me
> baby...

it wasn't really a troll, it was just a reminder that some people
would rather see funds diverted from self-perpetuating money pits
into something that can further our slow and steady world domination -
- and not the kind that requires occupation, that's just stupid...
i'm talking about the kind where we keep our place in the world by
holding everyone else to second- and third-world status until they
figure out who's boss, who's language we'll use, who's currency, and
who not to blow up as a hobby...

seems simple enough, eh?

> But anyway, for aardvark's posts I have to adjust the troll-o-meter
> settings because, after all, we are talking about a hairy
> insect-sucking web-footed marsupial quadraped "earth pig."
> http://www.enchantedlearning.com/agifs/Aardvark_bw.GIF

aardvarks are not marsupials...

now the numbat on the other hand --
(http://home.mira.net/~areadman/numbat.htm)

> I deleted the first part of this email, the part where I try to beat
> aardvark's trollometer settings...

feh... you forget, i don't play politics with reason... i play to see
other people start to decry extremism by brandishing their own...

maintaining an unchanging political view on anything is silly, given
that none of us are witnesses to much of anything, and what we do
witness is anecdotal and often emotionally charged...

> ...cause you know I don't want Bush/Ashcroft to come after me, you
> know, a year or so down the road after they have managed to roll back
> civil liberties far enough to begin the purges.  If they can get
[...]

there's gonna be purges?

cool.

can i make some suggestions on where to start?

like CF developers?

(anyone left i haven't taken a shot at?)

--
Read the evolt.org case study
Usability: The Site Speaks for Itself