[thechat] Error Haiku

Syed Zeeshan Haider szh at softhome.net
Tue Jul 30 08:46:00 CDT 2002

From: "Kath" <Kath at cyber-kat.com>
To: <thechat at lists.evolt.org>
Sent: July 30, 2002, Tuesday 3:53 PM
Subject: [thechat] Error Haiku

> In Japan, they have replaced the impersonal and unhelpful Microsoft
> error messages with Haiku poetry messages.

Error Messages were interesting and a bit funny also. I like them.

>Haiku poetry has strict
> construction rules. Each poem has only three lines, 17
> syllables: five syllables in the first line, seven in the second, five
> in the third. Haiku is used to communicate a timeless message often
> achieving a wistful, yearning and powerful insight through extreme
> brevity >

I had heard about Haiku and its origin, Japan, but never knew what type
of poetry it really was. I like to read Urdu (my language) poetry. And
some of our Urdu poets are trying to adopt the Haiku style in Urdu
poetry. I don't know if fans of Urdu poetry like this adoption or not?

Thanks!

Syed Zeeshan Haider.
http://syedzeeshanhaider.faithweb.com/