[thechat] Fighter plane's laser may blind civilians

Martin Burns martin at easyweb.co.uk
Tue Jul 30 16:18:01 CDT 2002

On Tue, 30 Jul 2002, Quackamoe wrote:

> --- rudy <rudy937 at rogers.com> wrote:
>
> > and we don't get to deduct mortgage payments
>
> Wow! Who gets to dedutct mortgage payments? I'm going
> to move there. Here in the USA we only get to deduct
> the *interest* on our mortgage payments.

Which is something we *used* to be able to do.

And we spend it on subsidising the private companies to whom we contracted
out our public services (capital and revenue projects) because they'd
'save us money'. And it's not even subject to audit because of 'commercial
confidentiality'.

Farm subsidies have nothing on that...

Cheers
Martin

Also starring in fine email     | "Names, once they are in common use, quickly
productions such as             | become mere sounds, their etymology being
martin at easyweb.co.uk            | buried, like so many of the earth's marvels,
martin.p.burns at uk.pwcglobal.com | beneath the dust of habit." - Salman Rushdie