[thechat] Re: corned beef or bacon? (was RE: Hijacked... Re: [thechat] Fighter plane's laser may blind civ ilians)

cspruck at mindspring.com cspruck at mindspring.com
Thu Aug 1 02:54:00 CDT 2002

On Wed, 31 Jul 2002 20:33:16 -0600 dave mclean <dave at members.evolt.org> wrote:

> Canadian bacon is only known as such in the US.
> Not Canada.

Reminded me of my hiking trip out east through the Atlantic provinces. I was
doing so well, representing my country and all, not getting eaten by a moose
or tripping over someone's igloo and so forth (just kidding), up until I
walked into a pizza joint somewhere in Nova Scotia.

Pizzaguy: What'll ya have?
Chris: I'll take two slices with mushrooms and ahhh, you have Canadi... errrrr
...bacon?
Pizzaguy: Ah, from the States, eh?

Chris