[thechat] Europe, take back the web...

Madhu Menon webguru at vsnl.net
Mon Aug 12 12:45:01 CDT 2002

At 10:52 PM 12-08-02, Erika Meyer wrote:
>I live in Oregon.  I own no assault weapons.

Yeah right, Erika. That's what they all say. ;)

Combine your hair spray with a cigarette lighter and you've got a deadly
flame thrower, my dear. That's an "assault weapon" in my book. :p

Then again, I've got pointed pencils in my house, which I can use to kill
people when embedded in the right place.

>I wish we could come up with an international group to deal with
>legal issues on the 'net, starting with the principle of free speech.

As much as I'm a free speech advocate, I'm also aware that there are still
countries where free speech is but a distant dream, or exists only on
paper. Getting these people to agree on anything will be tough.

Heck, they haven't even solved this problem in Star Trek's 24th century,
hence the Prime Directive. :D

Madhu

Madhu Menon
User Experience Consultant