[thechat] list etiquette

aardvark roselli at earthlink.net
Tue Aug 13 23:50:00 CDT 2002

On 13 Aug 2002 at 14:40, rudy wrote:

> not to pick on anyone in particular...

i am one of the culprits... however, this is a hard habit to break,
and is pretty much based on the last 10+ years of posting to usenet
and all sorts of lists...

> would you please trim your posts to this list to ensure you do not
> divulge email addresses
>
> for example, please do not start your post by echoing headers --
[...]

i'll do what i can to use this generic crap header when replying to
you, but i don't like it... it makes it hard for me to work through
my sent folder, since i then have to backtrack to the original post,
which is often archived...

i really do rely on the headers i include, they're a benefit to me...

i will endeavor to not post your rudy937 at rogering.com address in my
posts, at least not anymore than mine is exposed...

--
Read the evolt.org case study
Usability: The Site Speaks for Itself