[thechat] Currently listening to...

Erika Meyer emeyer at lclark.edu
Wed Aug 14 13:49:01 CDT 2002

>... B.M.R.C - Black Rebel Motocycle Club -
>http://www.blackrebelmotorcycleclub.com
>
>It's like it's the early nineties all over again. Even the sleeve
>photo's look like Jesus & Mary Chain circa 1990 (no bad thing IMO).

Jesus & Mary Chain.  I was just thinking about them... how I landed
in SF after coming back from a year (or so) in Germany & then touring
Europe... and then spending a few months in Minnesota...

and the planes weren't flying to Arcata so I stayed at bf's little
brother James's flat on the Haight.  It was 1986...  I thought that
was the coolest neighborhood,  and in the morning they made me coffee
and it was so good it was Mocha Java and midwestern coffee sucked in
1986 (maybe still today I don't know) so that coffee just sent me
into heaven...

And James and his girlfriend took me to the I Beam to see Jesus &
Mary Chain... and I got in though I was only 17... and some guy put
the make on me and I thought that was so cool... it was first time I
got hit on in a club, wow.

and one of them (guitar player) played with his back to the audience
the whole time...  yeah, okay, whatever...

I was just thinking about all of that yesterday...

I have heard of BMRC, I think on "staysick" this yahoo The Cramps
mailing list I'm on for some reason...  so it's good stuff huh...
okay...

Erika