[thechat] Auto-Restart

Madhu Menon webguru at vsnl.net
Thu Aug 15 15:45:01 CDT 2002

At 12:51 AM 16-08-02, Syed Zeeshan Haider wrote:
>At that time I had 6 windows opened.
>My hard disk is too much stuffed so that it has only several hundred MB
>free. Does it have anything to with unintentional restart.
>Any thoughts about Auto-Restart?

If you haven't already done so, download ZoneAlarm from www.zonelabs.com
NOW and install it. You NEED a firewall to protect your PC from intruders.

I know that at least Norton Antivirus scans your floppy by default when you
shut your PC down, which is probably why you saw your floppy drive light
on. You can disable this from the control centre. On the topic, are your
virus definitions up to date?

Madhu

Madhu Menon
User Experience Consultant