[thechat] Stupidest lawsuit ever

Lachlan Cannon luminosity at members.evolt.org
Sat Aug 17 01:54:01 CDT 2002

http://www.cnn.com/2002/LAW/08/15/attacks.suit/index.html

<quote>
Calling themselves Families United to Bankrupt Terrorism, the plaintiffs
are suing seven international banks; eight Islamic foundations,
charities and their subsidiaries; individual terrorist financiers; the
Saudi bin Laden Group; three Saudi princes; and the government of Sudan
for allegedly bankrolling the terrorist al Qaeda network, Osama bin
Laden and the Taliban.

"It's up to us, and I think we can do it," she said. "It's up to us to
bankrupt the terrorists and those who finance them so they will never
again have the resources to commit such atrocities against the American
people as we experienced on September 11."
</quote>

I'm sure Osama is quaking in his boots... seriously how stupid do you
want to be? Even if they were successful, they'd only create more
badwill against America and have more people wanting to attack them.

What was that irc quote about stupidity again? I think it's tiem to put
it into action.
--
Lach
Web: http://illuminosity.net/