[thechat] Fast food hijack Was: vanilla coke

Scott Dexter sgd at ti3.com
Tue Aug 20 17:27:00 CDT 2002

> I'm fortunate to be pretty fast food free at this point in my

My current rotation of lunch includes Chipotle (burritos), chinese food
(there's a place nearby that doesn't make it very greasy at all),
occaisional Taco Hell, and Carmine's pizza (the office calls it my
garlic bomb: two NY-style slices of pepperoni and fresh garlic. And they
put a TON of it on). If there was In-n-Out in the area, that would be a
dear exception to the fast food rule, easily justifiable because all the
ingredients are fresh /daily./

> life.  I had my last fast food burger probably about 6 years

Last McDonald's food for me is in the order of 6 months or so.
Sometimes, it's all that's available.

I've basically cut out sandwiches, and if I do eat one, I go for wheat
bread. There's enough white bleached flour in our diets (see: Atkins)

> Take part in the Slow Food movement
> (http://www.slowfood.com/).  Eating is for enjoyment > as much
> as nutrition!

Agreed. But for lunch, it's about getting back to work, unfortunately