[thechat] Mammoth hopes rest on icy DNA

Bob Davis bob at bobdavis.org
Wed Aug 21 07:19:01 CDT 2002

At 3:32 PM +0530 8/21/02, Madhu Menon wrote:
>http://www.timesonline.co.uk/printFriendly/0,,1-3-387635,00.html
>
>From the "If only the elephant could cry..." department:

I watched a show on the Discovery Channel (mostly science, biology,
etc. - it's "good for you" TV) about this guy. He's looking for a
frozen carcass of a male. He seems very sure that it could work, but
it'll take at least 50 years for a mostly mammoth to come around.

It would be cool if it worked.

>When are they going to bring the T-Rex back, I wonder.

Oh, sure, it always starts with "oooh" and "ahhh", but then comes the
yelling and the screaming...

bob

--
bob davis