[thechat] READ AT YOUR OWN RISK: Open Letter to America from a Canadian

Sean G. ethanol at mathlab.sunysb.edu
Wed Aug 21 17:45:01 CDT 2002

Howdy,

Why does unabashed bigotry appear true?  People as individuals and as groups
have been abusing the Earth and each other for all of history.  Doesn't make
it right; doesn't mean we can't try to be better.  However why should the US
of A or Israel play by some different set of rules?  Why are our sins worse
than others'?

"At the same time, you stand by as the Israelis' secular Zionists--whom you
support through the supply of arms and money--slaughter untold numbers of
innocents in the West Bank, then blame the Palestinians for bringing the
terror upon themselves. (True, there are abominable Arab suicide bombers in
Israel's midst. But are they not driven to madness and desperation by your
infernal support of international terrorist politics?)"

An Israeli killing a Palestinian is "slaughter" and "terror" but a
Palestinian killing an Israeli, well, that's the Israeli's fault too.
Bullshit.  It's bigotry, plain and simple.  An Israeli life is worth just as
much as a Palestinian.

Sean G.