[thechat] Invade Iraq?

Ken Kogler ken.kogler at curf.edu
Wed Aug 21 22:27:01 CDT 2002

> Does George II have a thing for Iraq?

Finish what Daddy started?
Complete his family's legacy? ("the Bush boys brought down Iraq")
Show up Daddy? Do something he couldn't?

I'm a bit cynical about this whole War on Terror -- I don't like it, and
I think America is abusing it's power. That being said, I helped bring
this government to power with my votes and I fully intend on telling
them how I feel. They're **MY** government. They work for me -- I have a
duty and a responsibility as an American citizen to question what my
government is doing, and tell them if I don't like what's going on.

That's one of the reasons I love this country. Maybe I'm being
optimistic, but if enough people start telling Dubya/Ashcroft/Rumsfeld
that this is a bad idea and we don't support their actions, then maybe
-- just maybe -- things will change.

--Ken